The following announcements were made in class on December 18th. Because they are extremely important, I am also posting them here. Please be sure to read them carefully and especially make note of the date and time for the Confirmation Retreat. The date for the Confirmation Retreat has been published on the Religious Education calendar on our website and in the Confirmation Handbook under “Important Dates” since the beginning of the term in September.
I. Confirmation Mass Assignments
- Confirmation is Saturday, April 29th at either the 12 noon or 4 pm Mass
- December 31st is the last day to send us an email to make a request for a particular time.
- We will begin assigning students to a Mass as soon as we return after the New Year.
- You must have all required forms submitted and all fees paid before you will be assigned to a Mass – so be sure to get that taken care of as soon as possible!
II. Required Forms
- The two forms you are required to submit are the Confirmation Information Form and the Certificate of Sponsorship signed by someone at your sponsor’s parish.
- If you have them today, please put them in the box on the table by the door.
- Confirmation Name: You were asked to indicate what name you would like to take for Confirmation on your Confirmation Information Form. However, you may change that at any time up to the day of Confirmation. Just be aware that if you change it at the last minute, we may not have time to update the name printed in the programs and on your name tag.
- Certificate of Sponsorship: This form should be signed by someone at the parish where your sponsor is registered. Let us know if your sponsor is having trouble getting it signed. Also, let us know if you are having trouble finding a sponsor and would like our help.
III. Confirmation Retreat
- Your Confirmation Retreat is scheduled for January 5th from 4:45 pm to 9 pm.
- YOU MUST ATTEND A PARISH CONFIRMATION RETREAT IN ORDER TO BE CONFIRMED!!!
- THERE ARE NO EXCUSES & NO EXEMPTIONS to this requirement – so if you miss our retreat, you will have to find another parish to take you at their retreat.
- Catholic School retreats do not count – your child MUST attend a parish retreat.
- This is the rule throughout the Archdiocese of Boston. I did not make it up. If you have an objection to it, you may lodge a complaint with the Office of Faith Formation in Braintree.